Fan Fest brings the action and excitement of the Race to the Clouds up close and personal. Race cars line the streets, and drivers are available for autographs. The main event is the Nitro Circus Freestyle Motocross Demo, featuring high-flying motorcycle acrobatics overhead on Tejon Street. It’s an adrenalized show that is always impressive. Fans will also find a beer garden, pinewood derby, official souvenirs, apparel and more. Look for the center of events at Pikes Peak Avenue and Tejon Street and more activities spreading into surrounding blocks.
The festival brings a taste of the iconic race downtown. First staged in 1916, the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is the second oldest race in America. The famous 12.42-mile (20K) course consists of 156 turns, boasts an elevation gain of 4,725 feet (1,440 meters), and reaches a finish line at 14,115 feet (4,302 meters) above sea level. The Hill Climb automobile categories feature a wide variety of vehicles representing multiple forms of motorsport: everything from production-based Time Attack challengers to purpose-built Open Wheel racers and state-of-the-art Unlimited vehicles take on America’s Mountain pursuing victory. The 100th running of the legendary motorsport event will take place on June 26, 2022.
Details for Fan Fest
Friday, June 24 – 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Downtown Colorado Springs
Schedule of Events:
- Be the first to grab your 100th Running apparel and the Official 2022 Souvenir Program at the merchandise tent.
- Cheer for the jaw-dropping stunts performed by riders of the Nitro Circus Freestyle Motocross Demo, courtesy of Sam and Kathy Guadagnoli.
- Meet the OPTIMA Batteries Fast 15 qualifiers for the 100th Running in the OPTIMA Batteries Fast 15 Alley. Fan autograph session 6-7 p.m.
- Stop by the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden.
- See Cub Scouts compete in the Council Pinewood Derby.
- Watch for photo opportunities and giveaways.