The infinity pool beckons. Steam swirls and dances over its surface in the December chill, convincing me to endure the few steps of freezing concrete before immersing myself in the warm waters. I take a deep breath, make the icy journey and plunge in. The frosty air nips at my ears as my head bobs in and out of the water. Every stroke across the pool seems to carry me further from the pressures and responsibilities of everyday life. The red rocks of Garden of the Gods loom large just beyond the pool’s curtain of steam, with Pikes Peak’s snowy summit towering on the horizon. I see this scenery every day, but not like this view.
With my three sisters visiting, we’ve left husbands and kids behind for an overnight at the Garden of the God’s Club and Resort. Vegas-style girls weekends aren’t exactly our style. So the natural beauty and serenity of the Garden of the Gods Club is the perfect setting for us to relax and reconnect—especially with that breathtaking view visible through our full-length glass doors to the patio. It’s a short getaway, but like 10 deep breaths, a 24-hour escape revives and renews in powerful ways.
Your Garden of the Gods Club Girls Getaway Itinerary
- Meet for an early lunch at Garden of the Gods Gourmet or Marigold Café and Bakery. Or take a hike in the Garden of the Gods—or both—before checking into the resort.
Tips for Two
Looking for a romantic getaway instead? Garden of the Gods Club and Resort is an ideal spot, especially with these extra touches:
• Make it a couple’s massage.
• Request a special delivery of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.
• Enjoy room service breakfast by your fireplace or while savoring the red rock views from your private balcony or patio.
Winter rates start at approximately $179
- Book manis, pedis or facials for all at the on-site, full-service Spa and Salon. Be sure to arrive plenty early to enjoy the indoor whirlpool and steam room and outdoor infinity pool, heated to 83 degrees all winter.
- Raise a pre-dinner toast in the Fireside Lounge. Stay put for a casual dinner or splurge on a gourmet meal in the Club Dining Room. Sure, you could head out to a nearby local favorite, but this is your chance to experience the club’s exclusive fine dining. The boneless beef short rib is excellent, especially with a beet salad starter and charred Brussels sprouts with pancetta and fig glaze on the side—both superb touches.
- The Fireside Lounge is also the perfect spot for after-dinner drinks, board games, conversation and laughter.
- Experience the splendor of morning light across the Kissing Camels and Pikes Peak while enjoying breakfast in the Club Dining Room.
- Finish your stay with a massage at the Spa and Salon—be sure to schedule ahead—and linger till real life beckons you back.
More Colorado Springs Staycations
Start here to find your perfect match for a Colorado Springs staycation.
The Cosmopolitan: Mining Exchange
Consider this your excuse to indulge in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs.
The Coloradan: The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The perfect base for an authentic and historic Colorado experience to refresh body, mind and spirit.
Family Style: The Broadmoor
Entering the Broadmoor grounds is like crossing some unseen portal that presses pause on the hectic pace of life—even with the kids in tow.
Day Stay: SunWater Spa
This is just the place Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs have needed. Soaking in hot mineral water? Without an hour-plus drive? Right here at home? Yes, please!
Stay to Get Away: Perfect Colorado Springs Staycations
Find them all here. Watch for tips to turn up the romance at these desinations. Mix and match your own activities and options. Whatever your style, you’ll find Colorado Springs staycations for you.