Finding the motivation to get off the couch and get moving is only half the battle when it comes to fitness and working out. The other half is figuring out what to do and how to do it. Going for a run or hitting the gym isn’t for everyone, which is part of why boutique fitness is becoming so popular, especially in Colorado Springs. Yet with so many studios boasting unique and specialized workouts, it can be a challenge to figure out the class that’s right for you. At least it was before Colorado Springs Fitness Week.
Last year, Colorado Springs Fitness Week was created to showcase some of the premier fitness studios in the city, and it’s back again this year with 15 studios participating in the week-long fitness crawl from July 10 through July 16. Participants get the opportunity to take classes for just $5 at participating fitness studios, and they can enjoy discounts at participating community business partners.
“There is a fitness experience for everyone, it’s just about finding your home studio and a workout you love,” says Griffin Hill, owner of Pure Barre Colorado Springs and founder of Colorado Springs Fitness Week.
Participating studios offer a range of classes, from low impact workouts like pilates, barre and yoga, to high intensity classes like spin, CrossFit and cross-training. An important thing to remember is that each studio has different etiquette, rules and types of classes, so it’s worth doing your online research or calling prior so you can plan to take classes that you’ll enjoy.
Burn Boot Camp’s head trainer, Amanda Schneider, says she sees Colorado Springs Fitness Week as a chance for people to not only get out and get moving, but to test out a new fitness class they may not have tried before.
“It gives people a chance to try us for a pretty cheap price,” Schneider says. Burn Boot Camp opened in March.
Here’s how Fitness Week works:
• Pick up a punch card at Lululemon Athletica or any participating studio beginning July 3.
• From there, take a look at the studios and class times and plan which classes you want to take. Since there are more studios participating than there are days in the week, it’s important to check out which classes you want to try the most so you’re able to fit them in!
• Attend the July 9 Launch Party to meet some of the studio owners and community partners.
• Beginning July 10, workout at the studios for just $5. Talk to the instructors and owners, and figure out which community, or communities, are right for you.
• Celebrate the close of the exercised-filled week by attending the closing party July 15 at D1 Sports Training.
For more information about the participating studios, community partners, and how to get involved in Colorado Springs Fitness Week, visit coloradospringsfitnessweek.com
Choose Your Studio
Here’s your menu of participating fitness studios to choose from:
Make It a Party
The Launch Party is from 8 to 10 a.m. July 9 at Lululemon Athletica Colorado Springs. There will be complimentary brunch, goodie bags, giveaways, and community sponsors with samples of their products!
The Closing Party is from 5 to 7 p.m. at D1 Sports Training. Food will be provided by Modern Market, as well as drinks provided by D1. There will also be music and giveaways to celebrate the Colorado Springs fitness community.