1. Highly anticipated ViewHouse restaurant is planning to open in early 2020 on Woodmen Road, with multiple areas for eating, drinking and events, including a rooftop and courtyard with lawn games. The space will undoubtedly be cool, but honestly, we’re most excited about their skillet cookie.
2. T-Byrds Tacos & Tequila owners are branching out with a three-concept restaurant in the former Paris Crepes space on North Tejon. Bird Tree Cafe, Mood Tapas Bar and District E11even will complete a trifecta of breakfast and lunch, dinner and late-night food and cocktail options.
3. Local favorite Pikes Peak Brewing Company is an anticipated addition to the Trolley block on South Tejon, with this location focusing on small-batch lagers.
4. The Roswell has replaced the former Smørbrød in Lincoln Center as an upscale bar and restaurant serving sandwiches, salads, pizzas and a special meatloaf. Plus late-night hours on weekends.
5. North Academy added Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar in October. Don’t let the “chain” stigma fool you—the food and cocktails are worthy of repeat visits.
6. If you’ve tasted the Chew-Chew Gastrotruck Korean bulgogi steak tacos, you’ll understand our excitement around the truck’s expansion to Black Forest Bistro early next year. The brick-and-mortar restaurant will be open Thursdays through Sundays with a rotating weekly menu.
7. Black Hat Distilling opened this fall in southeast Colorado Springs with Montana Horsfall as director and Allen Oliver as head distiller. The focus is rum and agave spirits, and with the iconic Horsfall behind the bar, we know we’ll always love what we’re drinking.
8. You can show your patriotism at new, veteran-owned 1350 Distilling. The downtown distillery offers vodka, rum, gin and whiskey, with each type of liquor representing a different military branch in color and name.
9. Colorado Common Hard Cider has transitioned into Boxing Brothers Ciderhouse. While flagship flavors such as Ginger and Elderflower will remain, the tap room will serve rotating seasonals like Maple Apple.
10. Denver-based restaurant group Parry’s Pizzeria will open its 10th location at Interquest in early 2020. The restaurant is known for its New York-style pizza and large craft beer selection—both of which we can get on board with.